Saturday, March 7, 2015

Olympus E-PL1 and Fun with $90

Another WIN! On the for sale board, the "ancient" Olympus E-PL1, with kit zoom lens, for $90, shipped. I would be a moron to not buy it. (OK, I would be a moron to buy it. So as you can see, since I would be a moron either way...)

I played with the E-PL1 and the Leica X2, because I felt like it. Anyway... I compared images from the Leica X2 against the E-PL1 (I know I know not fair guess what don't care), in approximately equal environment, the X2 kicked the E-PL1's butt..

It was snowing out. I wanted to take my camera. Guess which one I could afford to get snowed on? Yup.
At Dupont Circle
It was MUCH more comfortable, as in, warmer, inside...



Oooo.... Grainy... ISO 1600 on the E-PL1... Bad, and, interesting too.
I am not sure what is going to happen between us. I have too many (again) cameras. And I am in my Leica-lust-passion-fest...

No comments:

Post a Comment