Thursday, January 15, 2015

Being Unprofessional

Friends have asked me to capture special moments in their lives. Sometimes I agreed. Sometimes not. A friend asked me to be her wedding photographer. She told me that she loved my tango photos, and that she loved the "looks" of my images, and that she wanted me to record her wedding.

I declined. I told her that it was precisely because I was not accountable to anyone, that I didn't have to promise to deliver anything, that I had the freedom to just shoot photos, that I was able to present the photos (in tango) that she loved. But, a wedding required a professional. Someone who would, and could guarantee results. There would not be the option of, "oh sorry I wasn't able to get any good shots."

The professional guarantees results. I, an enthusiast, thankfully, do not have that obligation.

On the other hand, I love to play with my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment