Friday, February 27, 2015

Ask Me If I Care About The High ISO Artifacts

Let me just declare, again, I love my Leica M9. The experience is so pure, so satisfying, so... mechanically direct, that I (almost) don't care about the end result, the photographs. Why bother using a $4,000 (used price) camera and lens, to take photos? Right right right?

The experience.

Anyway, I brought the M9 + Summicron-C to the 18th Street Lounge Milonga, knowing that it was going to be too dark. Still, I said to myself, "I don't care, I am going to enjoy pressing the delicious shutter.*"
Look at the settings... These were dancers (MOVING!), and I was shooting at ridiculously long shutter speeds. And look at all the artifacts.
And the banding...
You know what? I would rather that I remembered these moments, no matter how crudely they were recorded, than not having memories of the night.


* Actually, I cursed. I curse all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment