Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sunday Morning Ritual

Sunday mornings are mine. I take an hour for myself, and I don't think about my duties, responsibilities, and obligations. It has been (surprisingly) very difficult for me to take "time away." I feel guilty. Still, this precious hour, between 8AM and 9AM, for me to do whatever I want, has been a practice, for me to take care of myself. Inevitably, some time around 8:30AM, I realize that I am alone, that I begin to tear up. Don't ask me why. Maybe you know the reason. I don't. For now, it is enough that I am developing the discipline to rest.

I am at the coffee house. There are few people there. Unlike Saturday mornings, when lines form early. Sundays are far more quiet, calm, serene... at 8AM.
I like it this way. Very much.
I read. I play with my camera. I eat gluten-free muffin. I drink coffee. I remember to breath. I don't know why it is so difficult for me to relax. I just know that I realize that I stop holding my breath, about twenty minutes into my visit.

My time ends. And I return to my duties. On Sunday mornings, I buy vegetables at Dupont Circle. Except, this morning, there was hardly anyone there. Most vendors stayed home, from the frigid cold. This newspaper salesperson is not going to have a good day...
I cannot get enough of capturing images. So desperate, that I will take pictures of anything and everything. I HAVE TO. It's an obsession...

No comments:

Post a Comment