Thursday, February 19, 2015

Spending Time With Every Camera

I made sure to have the Fuji X100 in the car, because the night before, I saw the spot by the dam, and I wanted to try again. A few weeks ago, I had captured the scene using my Pentax Q. I was not happy about it. So when the snow blanketed the ground again, it was time.
And then, I saw the Leica-T on my shelf. I had not played with it for a few weeks. I pointed it at everything in my home, my family, the flowers*, the pickled olives (for dinner), snap snap snap.
I was drooling over a bunch of Leica M-mount lenses all day long, and I wondered: "you freaking moron... look what you already have to play with."

So that you can appreciate what I do with my time, when I am not at work, not dancing, not being part of my family, not grappling (oh right I also do that), not sleeping, not eating, last night, I shot the trees-in-the-snow during the drive home, I shot the flowers (with the Leica-T) during dinner, and I shot some pictures of my family, using the Nikon 1 V2 with the 10-100mm PD that I received in the mail yesterday.

Right...

--

* I know that you might be distracted by the artifacts... But, if you have read my other posts, you might know that, to me, the experience of shooting must (in itself) be pleasurable, and so important to me, that I would prefer to NOT use a camera that does not "turn me on" just to capture a superior image.

No comments:

Post a Comment