Friday, February 13, 2015

It's OK To Be Vague, As Long As...

On my way home from the medical appointment, giddy with good news, I began to capture scenes on my M9. The next day, when I put the card into my computer, nothing. I had done something, I don't know what, but, nothing that I snapped was saved to the card. I was only mildly upset. Were I paid to produce work, I would have thrown the M9 against a wall...

Anyway, I am learning to understand it. I stay at ISO 800, and f2, at the milongas. I often set shutter speed at 1/30 or even 1/15. And even then, I need to pull exposure in Lightroom to see anything.

This would have been my 4th time out with the M9, to a milonga. I felt more confident. I knew what I could get out of the camera, at those settings. So I started to look around. Dasha was the DJ of the night. I love her selection, so romantic... She hinted that she was ready for a new "DJ" profile picture. I was very giddy...
And the mischievous in me thought: oh look the only way that I can post crazy photos, is if I also post "normal" photos. And this IS A NORMAL PHOTO!!!! OMG! Yes I have permission!
iPhone 6 Plus and Snapseed
I just much prefer the suggestive, rather than the explicit, when it comes to moments in tango. But I couldn't really say this, if I could not produce "normal" images too... You see, it IS still so important, for me to have to prove something. Why??

I loved capturing Dasha at work. And I wanted it (I needed it) to be normal, so that I COULD be as blurry as I wanted...
iPhone 6 Plus and Snapseed
When I dance, the world is not real. It is not normal. The world REALLY feels as I try to depict in these two nutty photos. I mean, a clean tango night is... I can't even imagine that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment